Telephone Number: 01204 390953
Dr Padmakumar received comprehensive training in general medicine and gastroenterology in Merseyside and he has been working as a consultant gastroenterologist since 1997. In 2004, he moved from Liverpool to Bolton NHS Foundation Trust.
Primarily, Dr Padmakumar consults with patients suffering from inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer, irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease and a wide range of hepatobiliary diseases.
Special Interests and Research
His special interests are in liver disease, non-alcoholic hepatitis, and viral hepatitis.
Dr Kadukkavil Padmakumar works in the following services:
The NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme provides bowel screening services to people aged 60-74 across Bolton, Wigan and Salford.
The Bolton Screening Centre has a comprehensive administrative, nursing and medical team which organises the provision of local Specialist Screening Practitioner assessment and results clinics and currently offers further investigation following abnormal screening tests at the Royal Bolton Hospital.
Our Endoscopy Unit operates seven days a week providing routine and emergency, inpatient and outpatient endoscopy (investigative procedures using a scope). We provide a full diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy service and run telephone hotlines with specialist outpatient clinics. We were one of the first trusts in the country to participate in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Service for patients aged between 60 and 75 years, serving the population of Bolton, Salford and Ashton, Wigan and Leigh.
The Gastroenterology Department is a recognised world leader in the consultant-led delivery of complete care and treatment plans for all our patients, especially for those with alcohol-related disease and digestive disorders. We care for patients with indigestion, ulcers, abdominal pain, colitis, bowel disorders, liver, pancreas and nutritional disorders. Our care is responsive to the needs of patients and their families.
- Amanda Peet – Programme Manager
- Tracey Lawton – Lead Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Anthony Whittaker – Cancer Screening Improvement Lead
- Gill Cusack – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Suzanne Cahill – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Diane Collings – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Christine Daley – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Karen Daley – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Jane Meadows – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Carly Jackson – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Zoe Hewitt – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Anne-Marie Gargan – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Amanda Rawson – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Jeanette Kay – Programme Coordinator
- Stevielee Kelly – FS Screening Coordinator
- Helen Molyneux – Administration Assistant
- Collette Howarth – Administration Assistant
- Julie Ross – Administration Assistant
- Lisa Wintour – Administration Assistant
- Kay Parker – Administration Assistant