Telephone Number: 01204 390103
Dr Salil Singh graduated from the Univeristy of Manchester and completed his higher specialist training in the North West Deanery rotation. He was appointed as a consultant gastroenterologist at Bolton in 2010.
He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians, British Society of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterology Association, and the British Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
Special Interests and Research
Dr Singh has a special interest in nutrition, upper gastrointestinal physiology, and gastrointestinal endoscopy.
Dr Singh is involved in an ongoing study on prediction of oesophageal varices and is Principle Investigator for two ongoing clinical trials (BOSS and CHoPIN). He has also completed basic science research on swallowing physiology.
Dr Singh has published several articles on swallowing physiology and dysphagia, colorectal polyps, electrical stimulation for swallowing disabilities, and lactic acidosis in the diagnosis of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
Dr Salil Singh works in the following services:
The NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme provides bowel screening services to people aged 60-74 across Bolton, Wigan and Salford.
The Bolton Screening Centre has a comprehensive administrative, nursing and medical team which organises the provision of local Specialist Screening Practitioner assessment and results clinics and currently offers further investigation following abnormal screening tests at the Royal Bolton Hospital.
Our Endoscopy Unit operates seven days a week providing routine and emergency, inpatient and outpatient endoscopy (investigative procedures using a scope). We provide a full diagnostic and therapeutic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy service and run telephone hotlines with specialist outpatient clinics. We were one of the first trusts in the country to participate in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Service for patients aged between 60 and 75 years, serving the population of Bolton, Salford and Ashton, Wigan and Leigh.
The Gastroenterology Department is a recognised world leader in the consultant-led delivery of complete care and treatment plans for all our patients, especially for those with alcohol-related disease and digestive disorders. We care for patients with indigestion, ulcers, abdominal pain, colitis, bowel disorders, liver, pancreas and nutritional disorders. Our care is responsive to the needs of patients and their families.
- Amanda Peet – Programme Manager
- Tracey Lawton – Lead Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Anthony Whittaker – Cancer Screening Improvement Lead
- Gill Cusack – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Suzanne Cahill – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Diane Collings – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Christine Daley – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Karen Daley – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Jane Meadows – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Carly Jackson – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Zoe Hewitt – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Anne-Marie Gargan – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Amanda Rawson – Specialist Screening Practitioner
- Jeanette Kay – Programme Coordinator
- Stevielee Kelly – FS Screening Coordinator
- Helen Molyneux – Administration Assistant
- Collette Howarth – Administration Assistant
- Julie Ross – Administration Assistant
- Lisa Wintour – Administration Assistant
- Kay Parker – Administration Assistant