For Stop Smoking support, please contact your local pharmacy. The link below will take you to the most up to date list.
Pharmacies offering nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and stop smoking advice in Bolton.
Stop smoking services for pregnant women are provided through antenatal care pathways.
Giving up smoking increases your chances of living a longer and healthier life. When you are no longer exposed every day to nicotine, carbon monoxide, tar and other poisons, your body begins to repair the damage. As body systems start to return to normal, you experience the following benefits, many within a few weeks:
- improved breathing
- better able to cope with sudden exertion
- loss of smoker’s cough
- sense of smell and taste improves
- hair, skin and breath no longer smell of tobacco smoke
- lack of worry over damage smoking is causing to your health
- less risk of smoking-related diseases
- feeling good about yourself for having quit.
Smokers who quit before the age of 45 have a life expectancy close to that of people who have never smoked. For people above this age, the gap widens but smokers who quit over the age of 45 still enjoy considerable health benefits over people who continue to smoke.