Telephone Number: 01204 390018
Mr Malik graduated from Lucknow University in India and completed a Masters in ENT for which he was awarded the best candidate award. He completed a further three years training as a senior registrar in otology and skull base surgery before moving to the UK in 2003.
Mr Malik worked at Royal Preston Hospital, Manchester Royal Infirmary and Addenbrookes University Hospital, Cambridge before joining the UK ENT Higher Surgical Training Programme in North West England. He was awarded ‘Completion Certificate of Training’ by the UK Joint Committee on Higher Surgical Training and is on the GMC Specialist Register with license to practice. He has also been a visiting fellow at Toronto University Hospitals, Canada and Causse Ear Clinic, Beziers, France.
Before joining Bolton NHS FT in August 2018 Mr Malik was working as an ENT consultant at Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
• Member of GMC
• Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Member of ENT UK
• Member of Meniere’s Society
• Member of British Society of Otology
• Member of British Tinnitus Association
• Member of Facial-plastics Surgery UK
• Member of Medical Defence Union
• Trust Departmental Clinical Governance Lead at the Royal Bolton Hospital
• Honorary Associate Editor of BMC Ear Nose and Throat Disorders, which is a peer-reviewed journal
• Honorary Senior Lecturer in Edge Hill University
• Awarded Certificate of Excellence in Education by North West School of Surgery for two years in a row. This was to acknowledge the contribution towards surgical training of junior doctors
• Quality Champion and received a ‘Bronze Badge’ for improving quality and safety of patient care in WWL NHS FT in 2013
Special Interests and Research
Special interests: Otology, Dizziness including Meniere’s disease, Rhinology including Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Snoring, Pinnaplasty.
Research: Mr Malik has been involved in several local, national and international trials. He has published widely and presented in several international, national, regional and local meetings.
Mr Vikas Malik works in the following services:
The Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Department diagnoses and treats diseases of the ear, nose, throat and the head and neck area. The department is fully equipped with facilities to offer a safe and high quality service for both adults and children.